ICT @ Bede

This blog aims to share ideas around web tools that may assist our integration and effective use of ICT. Feel free to contribute your ideas and practices.

Friday, April 24, 2009

The Networked Teacher


The diagram above is derived from the work of Dr Alec Couros and represents in a simple fashion the possibilities of e-learning and online tools in education. The value of this diagram is the reflection it can inspire - How networked am I? What opportunities do these tools and practises offer my students and I? Are there possibilities I have yet to explore? Could I be using better tools than I presently am? How might this enable engagement with and of students in their learning? How might such tools assist me administratively? Am I taking advantage of the professional dialogue that is increasingly found online?
The answers to each are varied and individual. If you incorporate technology into your teaching practise, it is worth taking time to reflect on the elements in this diagram so that such integration is evaluated and considered for its value (good or otherwise).

No comments:

Post a Comment